After completing his degree at Oral Roberts University, Pastor Greg Massanari set his sights on Southern California only to have the Lord detour his plans to las vegas. That was over thirty years ago. He first served as youth pastor at the Centerama Christian Center. From 1980-1987, he served as co-pastor of a non-denominational church, Christian Life Community.
During the late eighties CORNERSTONE started as a Bible study in the living room of Pastor Greg’s in-laws. From there they traveled around to several locations. Whether it was following Redd Foxx the previous evening in the Hacienda showroom, or meeting in convention space at the Sahara, we were able set up our portable church for almost six years. This would not have been possible without the graciousness of Paul & Sue Lowden. It was during this time we began searching for a permanent location.
In 1989, CORNERSTONE became affiliated with the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel. With over 1800 churches in the United States and over 75,000 churches worldwide, we made the decision to become accountable to a movement that is dedicated to “interdenominational, worldwide evangelism”.
We moved into our current location at 5825 West Eldora in September of 1993 and dedicated our multi-purpose building to “Building Strong Families for Christ”.
In the fall of 2001, we opened our next building to serve as the permanent home of CORNERSTONE Christian Academy. The school has enjoyed steady growth to the point where we completed another addition in the fall of 2008. This allowed us to add a classroom for each grade level K-6 as well as five more preschool classrooms, increasing the enrollment of our academy and preschool to over 500.
Continuing to trust God on this wonderful journey He has set before us.